LOST AND FOUND
- All outstanding fees from the previous season must be settled prior to registration for the new season.
- It is required for all students to be registered prior to attending a class.
- Tuition is divided into four payment terms for financial comfortability. Our season is progressive and continuous from September-June.
- All fees are to be paid on time. SDC provides an invoice in advance to fee due dates to remind you of your owing amount due and method of payment options.
- SDC term tuition amounts and due dates are available on our website and on your Studio Director family account.
- There is a 15% late fee applied to any fees not paid on time.
- There is a NSF charge of $40.00 applied to each NSF or returned cheque.
- Fees are not refundable after two weeks into a Term.
- Withdrawal requires a written notice provided by a parent/guardian which includes the reason for withdrawal and the date your child will not be returning in order for your next term payments to be cancelled. Word of mouth or no longer attending class is not considered withdrawal notification.
- Dancers are expected to be on time and attend all scheduled classes. We advise dancers to arrive for class 5-10min early, which will allow them time to settle in before class starts. There's nothing worse than starting class feeling frazzled and unprepared.
- All classes are progressive. Any missed classes will result in the dancer falling behind their peers and choreography.
- Please inform our office of any expected absence in advance. Word of mouth is not considered informative.
- There are no refunds for classes which a child is absent for.
- Please let your teacher know if anyone other than a parent/guardian will be picking your child up.
- SDC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CHILD LEFT UNATTENDED BEFORE OR AFTER THEIR CLASS TIME.
- If SDC cancels a class due to emergency, i.e., inclement weather, teacher illness, the effected classes will be rescheduled at a later date OR credited to the following payment term.
- All classes are in session as usual during Pro-D Days and holidays unless stated otherwise on our studio calendar.
- If the studio doors are closed, please do not open to peak through. This is a distracted to both dancers and teachers.Dancers become very distracted and do not apply 150% when they have more than the teacher's eyes on them.
- Those who wish to observe can do so during Observation Weeks, which are schedule on our studio calendar.
- SDC works hard to provide an inclusive, caring and respectful environment.
- Our dancers are expected to demonstrate the same qualities towards themselves, peers, parents and teachers.
- Cliques or bullying will not be tolerated and may result in removal from any and all current and future SDC programs.
- This is your dance home, please treat it as such. Clean and tidy up after yourself and others.
- Any behaviour considered unacceptable will result in the child being asked to leave the classroom.
- If negative behaviour is constant, a private meeting will be set up outside of studio hours with the child's parent/guardian.
- Our dress code is set to allow teachers to properly and safely apply corrections to students.
- SDC's dress code can be found on our website at: http://www.squamishdancecentre.com/what-to-wear.html
- Any dancers that do not follow the dress code will be asked to sit out during their class.
- Absolutely no loose jewelry is to be worn during class for the safety of the dancer.
- All dancers are expected to wear their hair off the face in a tight bun or pony tail at their teacher's request.
- Dancers are expected to be dressed and have hair tightly pulled back in time for their class.
LOST AND FOUND
- There is a Lost and Found bin in our front entrance and upstairs. At the end of each term, all unclaimed items will be donated.
- Squamish Dance Centre is not responsible for any lost, broken or stolen belongings.
- It is recommended to label all shoes, ballet skirts and other belongings.
- All electronic devices; cell phones, tablets, ipods, etc., are to be turned onto silent inside the classroom.
- Any dancers who tend to their electronic devices during class will be asked to leave the classroom.
- Dancers, parents and others are not to take any photos or film dancers without the parent/guardian consent.
- Anyone who is found taking photos or videos of dancers without consent will be asked to delete their recorded content immediately.
- Anyone who is found posting photos or videos on social media such as facebook, instagram, twitter, etc. or advertisement use such as newspaper, posters etc. without the child's parent/guardian consent, will be asked to delete their content immediately.
- Squamish Dance Centre respects the privacy of our dancers and their families. We do not use student photos or videos for promotional or social media content without the consent of the parent/guardian.